- prep time: 3 MINUTES
- cook time: 9 MINUTES
- total time: 12 MINUTES
- yield: 0 ABOUT 2-4 SERVINGS
This quick Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe is full of zesty flavors, it’s easy to customize, and it can be ready to go in just about 12 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 batch Stir-Fry Sauce (see below)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped into small florets, stem discarded
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- toppings: sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds
STIR-FRY SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
TO MAKE THE STIR-FRY:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and mostly cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, make your sauce. (See below.)
- Once the chicken is browned, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and broccoli, and stir to combine. Continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes, until the broccoli is bright green. Stir in the sauce, and cook for an additional 1 minute until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil until combined.
- Serve warm, garnished with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!