Baked Chicken Breast couldn’t be easier to make or more delicious! How to make tender, juicy, perfectly seasoned oven baked chicken breasts.
Baked Chicken Breast
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 18 mins | Total Time: 23 mins | Servings: 8
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup).
- If chicken breasts are thicker in some parts than others, pound them to an even thickness using a rolling pin or meat mallet. (Place chicken in a zip-top bag or between two sheets of parchment before pounding.)
- Place chicken breasts on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil and rub over both sides of chicken.
- Combine the spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice rub over both sides of the chicken.
- Bake chicken breasts according to their size: bake 5-6 ounce breasts for 13-16 minutes, bake 8 ounce breasts for 16-19 minutes, bake 11-12 ounce breasts for 22-26 minutes. Check that chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven, loosely cover with foil and let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.