Learn how to make the most flavorful, tender and juicy baked chicken breast – no more dry chicken! With a five minute prep time and just 20 minutes in the oven, you’ll have this dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Baked Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 4 medium size breasts
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pound chicken breasts lightly so they are of even thickness.
- Pour olive oil in a 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Lightly coat the chicken with the oil to coat it, then place chicken breasts side by side in the dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder (or paprika). Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub it in with your hands. Place chicken breasts side by side, making sure there is no overlap.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until juices are clear or a meat thermometer reads 160-170 degrees. *Note – depending on the size of your chicken breasts, it could take longer. Mine were pounded to less than an inch thick.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before slicing.
- Serve hot.