Healthy Balsamic-glazed Chicken Salad with Quinoa and drizzle of a delicious citrus vinaigrette. Loaded with proteins and nutrients.
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME15 minutes
- TOTAL TIME30 minutes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
FOR QUINOA SALAD WITH GREEN ONIONS
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
FOR CITRUS SPINACH SALAD WITH MINT
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 medium blood orange
- 1 medium naval orange
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side. Brush chicken with 1 1/2 tsp maple mixture; turn and cook 1 minute. Brush again chicken with 1 1/2 tsp maple mixture on the other side; turn and cook 1 minute. Remove chicken from pan; brush evenly with remaining 1 Tbsp maple mixture.
QUINOA SALAD WITH GREEN ONIONS
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add quinoa and green onions; toss.
CITRUS SPINACH SALAD WITH MINT
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add mint and spinach; toss. Peel oranges, cut each orange crosswise into 5 slices. Divide spinach mixture evenly among 4 plates; top with orange slices, almonds, and goat cheese.
Serving: 412g | Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 661mg | Potassium: 701mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3470IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3.6mg
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!