This easy broccoli, rice, and chicken casserole is topped with a buttery Ritz cracker crust. This meal comes together in less than 45 minutes and it takes one bowl and one casserole dish! Put this together ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you get home from work!
Broccoli, Rice, and Chicken Casserole
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 50 mins | Total time: 1 hr | Servings: 4
- 5 chicken tenderloins cut into 1-inch cubes, uncooked
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked OR instant rice (different types of rice will yield very different cook times. I used sushi rice. Due to the number of folks who have tried this recipe & still say their rice is crunchy, I highly suggest you use instant rice)
- 2 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1: 10.75 ounce can of cream of chicken
- 1 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 3/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish (mine was ceramic, but you may use glass).
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients except the Ritz crackers, together until well-incorporated.
- Pour the ingredients into the greased casserole dish, spread into an even layer, then sprinkle Ritz crackers on top of the mixture.
- Bake mixture, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes, or whenever rice and chicken are done cooking (mine took about 40 minutes, yours may take longer depending on your oven).
- To get a deeper, golden color, you may put the casserole under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. Be careful to watch it carefully!
- Serve immediately.