Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes | Servings: 8 servings | Calories: 283kcal
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium cabbage
- 2 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce optional
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Warm up a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and chicken. Fry for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, slice the cabbage into thin strips, just like you would for coleslaw.
- Add the paprika and tomato paste to the chicken. Stir, and then sauté for another five minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for five more minutes.
- Add the shredded carrots, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together. Cook without the lid, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes, until there is no liquid remaining.
- Add 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, if desired. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 504mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3200IU | Vitamin C: 44.6mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!