Chicken enchiladas covered in melty cheese and flavored with zesty lime are begging to be added to your meal plan this week. With tons of flavor and just the right amount of heat, these easy Chicken Enchiladas make everyone happy at dinnertime!
- 6 flour tortillas, burrito sized (or 12 small tortillas)
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 oz shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 cranks fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8oz sour cream
- cilantro, lettuce, tomato and avocado for garnish
- In a small bowl mix shredded chicken with 1 cup of the cheese and the pressed garlic. Fill 6 tortillas equally. Roll the tortillas and lay in a 9×9 square baking dish. You can also do two rows of small tortillas as pictured.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt butter completely. Whisk in the corn starch and cook for one minute. Whisk in broth, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until mixture becomes thick. Quickly add onion and garlic powder, cumin, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper. Fold in sour cream and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, uncovered.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lettuce, tomato and diced avocado. Enjoy!