This Chicken Pasta Primavera recipe is filled with lean chicken, fresh veggies, and a light cream sauce. It’s ready in about 30 minutes!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Servings : 4
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 small zucchini chopped finely
- 1 roma tomato chopped finely
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped finely
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese optional, to taste
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta.
- Meanwhile, prep your chicken, zucchini, tomato, and red pepper.
- Add the oil and butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
- Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, zucchini, tomato, red pepper, and peas to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the cream and add the chicken back in. Cook for a few more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are further softened.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed and toss with the drained pasta. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- Be sure to salt this recipe well – it makes a big difference in taste. I am also fairly generous with the pepper.
- This pasta does not have a thick sauce. It’s a light cream sauce that goes nicely with the veggies.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!