Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 skewer | Calories: 192 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 56 mg | Sodium: 130 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 19 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste or sundried tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: wooden skewers
- Slice chicken into very thin strips with a very sharp knife. Thread accordian-style onto wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, chipotle chili, and chopped garlic. Spoon sauce over skewers.
- Cook skewers on a hot grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, basting with sauce and turning every 2-3 minutes to evenly cook the entire skewer of chicken.
- Alternately, the skewers can be baked in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes, or until fully cooked.