Prep Time : 5 minutes | Cook Time : 3 hours 15 minutes | Total Time : 3 hours 20 minutes | Servings 4 | Calories 311 kcal
This Crockpot chicken and gravy recipe is fast to prep and totally comforting! This version is made without cream of chicken soup.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix (I used Hidden Valley)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 packet chicken gravy mix
- Add the chicken broth, ranch seasoning mix, garlic powder, and pepper to your slow cooker. Whisk until the powders have dissolved.
- Add the chicken and ensure it’s mostly submerged (spoon some liquid over top if it’s not). Cook on high for 2.5-3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the Crockpot. Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Pour it into your slow cooker, along with the chicken gravy mix. Make sure the heat is set on “high”, and whisk until the gravy mix has dissolved. Meanwhile, shred/cut the chicken up, and then add it back into the Crockpot. Cook with the lid on for a few more minutes until the gravy has thickened up a bit.
- Serve immediately. It’s delicious with mashed (or baked) potatoes, pasta, or rice.
- 4 medium-to-large chicken breasts total about 2 pounds. Anything in that ballpark works.
- Use low-sodium chicken broth if you’re concerned about salt. Keep in mind ranch and gravy mixes both contain salt as well.
- I recommend cooking the chicken on high for about 2.5-3 hours so it doesn’t dry out. The higher end of the 6-8 hours on low range will likely lead to dried out chicken. You could try subbing chicken thighs if you need to have it cook for the full 8 hours (like if you’re at work).
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!