Perfectly pan seared chicken breasts smothered with a wonderfully rich and creamy spinach sauce. This easy chicken breasts recipe is a fantastic low carb, Keto-friendly dinner, and it comes together super fast!
Prep Time : 5 mins | Cook Time : 30 mins | Total Time : 35 mins
FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
FOR THE CREAMED SPINACH
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika garlic powder, basil, and rosemary.
- Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is easy to move and edges are opaque.
- Flip over; cover the pan, and lower heat to medium-low. Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add diced onions and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up the pieces stuck at the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add baby spinach; cook for a minute, or until just wilted.
- Melt in the parmesan cheese.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet to simmer with the sauce for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
If time permits, I advise to let the chicken sit in salted water (brine) for 15 minutes, just as I have done here with my Oven Baked Chicken Breasts. It ensures tender and REALLY juicy chicken breasts, each and every time. If you decide to brine the chicken breasts, be careful with how much salt you use when seasoning your chicken.