This easy chicken paprikash is comfort food at its best! A rich and creamy sauce flavored with sweet Hungarian paprika
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME30 minutes
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika, plus extra for seasoning the chicken
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 oz egg noodles
- feta cheese
- pine nuts, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and sweet Hungarian paprika, and add to the skillet. Cook without moving the chicken pieces for about 4 minutes per side and flip them over, and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. When chicken is done, transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add more olive oil and sliced onion and red bell pepper. Cook for few minutes until vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Season with salt, pepper and sweet Hungarian paprikato taste, and saute the vegetables for couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock, sour cream and stir well.
- Add chicken to the skillet and stir everything. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until flavors blend and sauce thickens. Taste for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
- While the chicken paprikash is cooking, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Serve chicken paprikash over egg noodles. Garnish with pine nuts, crumbled feta cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.1g | Protein: 30.3g | Fat: 18.8g | Saturated Fat: 6.1g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 109.8mg | Sodium: 147.6mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 3.3g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 25.6mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!