Crockpot Shredded Chicken – a super easy Crockpot recipe for all purpose shredded chicken! This chicken is seasoned and slow cooked all day, then ready to use in any of your favorite wraps, tacos, or casseroles. Or, you can freeze it to use for later!
Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 6 hrs | Total Time: 6 hrs 5 mins
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breasts About 4 Large
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot. Pour chicken broth and seasonings over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with two forks.
- Use the chicken right away in your favorite recipes. Or, allow chicken to cool and portion into zip-top bags and freeze for up to two months.
NOTE: For servings on this recipe I labeled it as 6 cups of shredded chicken TOTAL, rather than serving per person.
NOTE: Cooked/Shredded chicken is good in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, and in the freezer for up to 2 months. Store in a well sealed zip-top bag.