This Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet recipe is quick, delicious and satisfying! It’s made from scratch with no processed ingredients. Ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect meal prep recipe to keep your taste buds happy and your belly full. Whole30 compliant.
Easy Healthy Chicken and Asparagus Skillet
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- 5 – 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon ginger (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (see notes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody stems trimmed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (I used black sesame seeds)
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix coconut aminos, chicken broth, tapioca starch, and ginger in a small bowl until well combined and no lumps.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 8 -10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from the skillet and reserve.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the same skillet. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the reserved coconut aminos mixture; toss to heat through. Bring to a full boil to thicken.
- Garnish with sliced and scallions and sesame seed, if desired.
- Server with mashed potatoes, white rice, quinoa, or vegetables.