prep time 10 MINUTES | cook time 6 HOURS | total time 6 HOURS 10 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1 can (20oz) pineapple chunks, in juice
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 6 oz baby carrots
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- In small bowl, whisk the coconut milk with the cornstarch until smooth. Add sugar, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, lime juice and red curry paste. Set aside.
- In large slow cooker, place chicken on bottom.
- Top with pineapples, onion, red peppers and carrots. Pour coconut mixtures over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. Serve with rice or potatoes.