Bursting with buttery garlic flavor, this easy chicken thighs recipe is a one pot dinner guaranteed to impress even the pickiest eaters!
Garlic Butter Chicken & Rice
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Resting Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 6 Serves
- 6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or any other dried herbs of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add butter to a large oven-safe skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in diced onions and garlic; cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until garlic is lightly browned, stirring VERY frequently. DO NOT burn the garlic.
- Stir in rice; stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Place prepared chicken pieces over rice, and add the chicken broth and water.
- Season with Italian Seasoning and oregano, and bring to a boil. (You can also add more salt and pepper at this point, if desired.)
- Cover skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and transfer to preheated oven; bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid or foil and continue to bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!