Garlic Herb Chicken & Sweet Potato Meal Prep is the easiest and most delicious way to have your meals cooked and ready to go when you’re short on time!
- PREP : 15 MINS
- COOK : 20 MINS
- TOTAL : 35 MINS
- SERVES : 4
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and diced into 1/2-inch wide pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed or finely chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano , divided
- 2 teaspoons basil , divided
- 2 teaspoons parsley , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 21 ounces (600 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts , diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets (about 3 cups of florets)
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 medium red onion , cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F ( 200°C).
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet / tray with parchment paper or aluminium foil. Arrange sweet potatoes on the tray; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil (or enough to evenly coat), 1 crushed garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano, basil and parsley. Toss well to coat completely. Season with salt and pepper and spread into an even layer. Cover with foil and roast in hot oven for 20 minutes, while preparing the remaining vegetables.
- The sweet potatoes will just begin to soften at this time (they will still be fairly hard on the inside, but soft on the outside). Remove from the oven and arrange the chicken, broccoli, peppers, and onion around the sweet potatoes. Drizzle with remaining oil; add the garlic and herbs. Toss everything together to completely coat in the oil. Season with extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, turning chicken and other ingredients once while cooking, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, and the other vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve immediately OR allow to cool to room temperature, divide into 4 containers and you have meals ready for the week!
This recipe can easily be doubled to serve 8 (or for 8 meal containers), using two baking sheets or trays.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 1268mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6550IU | Vitamin C: 179.1mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2.5mg
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!