Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours before grilling.
Course: Main Course | Servings: 4 people | Author: Tricia
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full fat yogurt for best results)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoons dried
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the skewers:
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces for skewers
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 6-8 skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 30-minutes before grilling)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal and massage the bag to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken to the bag turning to coat. Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turn the bag a few times while marinating.
- Preheat gas grill to 400F.
- Pour the marinated chicken pieces into a large strainer to remove the excess marinade. Thread chicken pieces onto the skewers alternating with peppers and onions. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Marinade works great for any kind of chicken pieces from whole boneless, skinless to bone-in thighs and legs. Adjust grilling time to allow for larger pieces.