Honey Garlic Chicken – moist, tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken thighs in savory and sweet honey garlic sauce and made in an Instant Pot, so delicious.
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs (4 chicken thighs)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped parsley, (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth, preferred
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Wash and rinse the chicken thighs with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Set aside. Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together, stir to mix well. Make sure the honey and sugar are completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is heated, add 1/2 tablespoon of the cooking oil. Pan sear the chicken thighs (skin side down first) until both sides turn nicely brown. Add the remaining cooking oil and saute the garlic a little bit. Pour in the sauce and cover the lid. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully, add the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot. The Sauce in the recipe equals to 8 tablespoons of liquid content, which is 1/2 cup, the min amount of liquid for Instant Pot. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this honey garlic chicken in a slow cooker, or on your stove top. If you use a slow cooker, make sure not to overcook it. Use high heat and cook for 3 hours. For stove top, just pan-fry the chicken and then add in the Sauce. Simmer on low heat and cook until the chicken meat is tender.