Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice is creamy, rich comfort food with chunks of white chicken meat. It is probably my favorite chicken Instant Pot meal to date.
Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks and softened
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Turn Instant Pot to “Saute” mode. Add butter. When melted add chicken and onion and cook until most of the pink in the chicken is gone.
- Add water, heavy cream and chicken soup. Stir.
- Add rice, sprinkling it in so that it is evenly distributed. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Do not stir.
- Place lid on. Make sure valve is in “sealing” position. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Manually release pressure.
- Once the pin drops, remove lid and stir in cream cheese. Stir in Parmesan cheese, cheddar, and parsley. Place lid back on for a few minutes to melt cheese. Stir and serve. It will thicken up as it cools.
Note: Cooking time does not include time for Instant Pot to pressurize. This usually takes about 10 minutes but can vary.