Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4 | Calories: 257kcal
Juicy lemon herb chicken breasts are the perfect easy protein and perfect for quick cooking. The lemon herb marinade is easy and is delicious with chicken.
- 4 large chicken breasts (skinless + boneless)
For the lemon herb marinade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chilli/red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- Place the chicken breasts between two layers of parchment/baking paper and flatten out slightly with a meat mallet/rolling pin.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a glass container and pour over the marinade. Mix to make sure the chicken is well-coated then cover and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes but up to 24 hours, refrigerated.
- To cook the chicken breasts, heat a skillet, pan or grill then add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) until cooked through but still juicy.
- Remove from the heat and cover with foil, allowing the chicken to rest for at 5-10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1299mg | Potassium: 442mg | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!