Servings : 4 | Cook Time : 20 MINS | Prep Time : 10 MINS | Total Time : 30 MINS
This easy Lemon Ricotta Pasta recipe has the most flavorful Parmesan sauce and is loaded with perfectly seared chicken and delicious fresh spinach! Plus, it’s ready in 30 minutes flat!
- 2 Tablespoons oil vegetable, canola, olive, or peanut oil are all fine!
- 1 boneless/skinless chicken breast
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups part skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan plus more to garnish
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, reserve 1 cup of pasta water prior to draining. Set aside.
- As the pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and cut the seam to create 2 thinner slices, each about an inch thick. Season each side with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Sear the chicken in the heated skillet for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Refrain from moving the chicken around as it sizzles, it will hinder the nice golden sear color. If the pan gets too hot, reduce the heat to medium. Once each side is a nice, golden brown and the middle is cooked, set the chicken aside. Don’t cut into it yet.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium low. Add half of the reserved water, lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, Parmesan, and drained pasta. Toss evenly to coat. Add additional reserved water as needed to obtain desired consistency.
- Slice the chicken into strips and top the pasta with it. Finally, toss in the spinach and heat until it’s just wilted.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan if desired, and serve!
Although this recipe feeds 4, the portion sizes are fairly large. This could also serve 5 people.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!