This Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin recipe is one that will make your taste buds happy! Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin has all the amazing flavors that potato’s au gratin has but with amazing spaghetti squash. This Low Carb spaghetti Squash dish is one that is always a crowd pleaser.
Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin. This amazing easy spaghetti squash recipes is cheesy and amazing. It is always a crowd pleaser when I make it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Season the spaghetti squash with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil.
- Cut your chicken breast so you have four pieces of chicken. Place the chicken on the sheet pan, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 mins or until cooked to a touch with a fork. When the squash is cooked Scrape the flesh with a fork to create noodles and dice your chicken in to small pieces.
- While the chicken and squash are cooking place the onions with the butter in a pan on the stove over medium low heat until very soft.
- Once everything is cooked combine the spaghetti squash noodles, chicken, onion, yogurt, 1 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place the mixture back into the empty shells and top with the cheeses and place under the broiler until golden brown.
This recipe makes 6 servings if you are making it as a side dish and 2 servings if you are making it as a full meal item.
If you are strict Keto then you can use sour cream instead of the greek yogurt.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!