Baked chicken leg quarters brushed with plenty of a maple mustard glaze make the perfect weeknight dinner.
Maple-Mustard Chicken Legs
Prep Time: 0 hours 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 0 mins
Yields: 4 – 6 servings
- 12 oz. baby potatoes, halved
- 8 oz. small carrots, halved
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lb. whole chicken legs with thighs attached, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss potatoes and carrots in bottom of large baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels, drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange, skin-side up, on top of vegetables in baking dish.
In a small bowl, stir together mustards, maple syrup, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Brush on top of chicken and drizzle any extra over vegetables. Roast chicken until golden and a thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 160°, about 30 minutes.
Let cool slightly, sprinkle with parsley.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!