This Nashville Hot Fried Chicken Sandwich is packed with flavor and an awesome guilty pleasure!
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Servings 2
- brioche buns
- boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into thin cutlets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup panko bread brumbs
- 2 egg whites
- vegetable oil
- hamburger pickles
For The Nashville Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 3/4 tbsp cayenne pepper adjust for spice level
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Begin by heating two inches of vegetable oil in a large pot or deep fryer.
- While it is heating, whip egg whites in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and panko bread crumbs.
- Take your chicken thighs, one at a time, and cover in egg mixture.
- Dredge it in the flour and panko bread crumb mixture.
- Once the vegetable oil is hot, add the two chicken thighs.
- Cook on three minutes each side, or until both sides are browned. The thighs should be pretty thin, so they should cook relatively quickly.
- Once they are done, put them on a draining rack to drain the oil and salt lightly.
- While they’re draining, begin melting ghee in a small sauce pan on medium-low heat. Add in the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the rest of the spices and stir well.
- Make sure the sauce is stirred up before coating your chicken in it.
- Add to a bun with your toppings and enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!