A delicious restaurant quality chicken and spinach gnocchi made all in ONE skillet! Easy ingredients and less than 15 minutes prep time.
ONE PAN Chicken and Spinach Gnocchi
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper optional
- 2 cups milk (2% or whole. 1% works as a lighter but less creamy meal)
- 1 and 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) gnocchi
- 2 cups prepared rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
- Move a rack in your oven to the upper third of the oven and then preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Place a large oven-safe skillet (I use a 12 inch lodge skillet) on the stove over medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil.
- Add in the mushrooms and chopped onion and stir until the onion is transparent and mushrooms lightly browned or about 5-6 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds. Remove to a small bowl or plate and quickly wipe out the skillet.
- Place the butter in the skillet and melt. Gradually whisk in the flour until smooth, and continue cooking, whisking constantly for about 3 minutes. Add in the chicken seasoning, about 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne pepper if desired.
- Very gradually whisk in the milk and chicken broth until the mixture is smooth. While whisking constantly allow the mixture to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the prepared chicken (remove skin and bones and shred or cut into small pieces OR use prepared rotisserie chicken that has already been cut into pieces), gnocchi (uncooked), cooked mushrooms and onions mixture, and spinach. Stir until all is coated.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes. If desired, turn on the broiler and then broil for another 2-3 minutes for a delicious crispy top.
- Remove from the heat, top with additional salt, pepper, and some chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!