This family friendly Paleo Easy Gluten Free Healthy Sesame Chicken is a quick dinner that tastes like takeout but is better for you and whole30 compliant!
Course: Dinner | Cuisine: Asian | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 2 People | Calories: 401 kcal
For the sauce:
- 3/4 Cup Apple juice
- 2 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp White vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp Chile powder
- 1 tsp Tapioca starch
For the chicken
- 3 Tbsp Tapioca starch
- Sea salt
- 8 Oz Pasture-raised chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Hot cooked cauliflower rice, for serving
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients (except the tapioca starch) together in a large frying pan over medium/high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, whisk the tapioca starch and 2 tsp of the hot sauce together in a separate small bowl until smooth. While constantly whisking, pour back into the frying pan until smooth. Boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and is glossy, about 2-3 minutes. Turn down the heat to medium low and cook and additional 30 seconds-1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl, season with a pinch of salt, and cover to keep warm.
- Place the tapioca starch and a pinch of salt in a large zip-loc bag. Add in the chicken and toss until coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil up in a large frying pan over medium high heat. add in half the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Once cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and blot off any excess oil. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Transfer chicken to the bowl with the sauce, along with the sesame seeds. Stir until well coated.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with green onion and DEVOUR!