Roast Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and garlic sauce – an all time favorite Sunday supper at my house. A delicious and juicy roast chicken served with perfectly roasted potatoes and an easy garlic sauce that’s to die for. Can’t get any simpler and more delicious than this.
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
Dry rub for chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp basil
Garlic sauce for potatoes
- 1/2 garlic sauce from above
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 whole chicken
- 8 potatoes cleaned and cut into cubes or wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Start by making the garlic sauce. Put the garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle and crush the garlic until it becomes a paste. Add the oil and water to the garlic and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together for the dry rub and rub it all over the chicken. Put the chicken in a roasting pan. If your roasting pan doesn’t have a rack, you’ll need to add a bit of oil to the bottom before adding the chicken to the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 2 hours, removing the aluminum foil after one hour. Check after 1.5 hours and see if chicken is properly roasted, if it is, remove from oven.
- Half an hour into baking the chicken, you can prepare the potatoes and add them to the oven. First we need to prepare the garlic sauce for the potatoes by mixing 1/2 of the garlic sauce made earlier, with 2 tbsp of melted butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Pour over the potatoes and toss well. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Add the potatoes to a roasting pan and cover the potatoes with aluminum foil.
- Bake for an hour and a half, removing the foil after an hour.
- Use the leftover garlic sauce to either pour over the chicken and potatoes or you can use it as a dip.
Roasting time could vary depending on oven or weight of chicken.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.