This slow cooker beef stroganoff is tender beef, mushrooms and egg noodles, all tossed in a savory creamy sauce. An easy crock pot dinner that’s pure comfort food!
Beef stroganoff is a classic recipe that never goes out of style, and this crock pot version is as easy as it is delicious! This recipe pairs perfectly with a roasted vegetable on the side, such as parmesan roasted broccoli or honey roasted carrots.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Course: Main
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups beef broth divided use
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 12 ounces egg noodles cooked in salted water according to package directions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Add half of the beef to the pan in a single layer. Brown for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the meat to the slow cooker. Repeat the browning process with the other half of the beef.
- Add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups beef broth and Worcestershire sauce into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup beef broth with the corn starch. Pour the mixture into the crock pot and stir. Cook covered on HIGH for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Uncover the crock pot and add the sour cream and cream cheese, stirring until a smooth sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off slow cooker. Pour the cooked egg noodles into the slow cooker and stir until they are fully coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top, then serve.
If you’re in a hurry, you can skip browning the meat and vegetables and simply add them to the crock pot uncooked.