Creamy, delicious, mushroom studded Chicken Marsala prepared in the slow cooker! This surprisingly easy recipe results in a restaurant quality dish made right in your own kitchen.
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs
Total Time: 4 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 serves
- 6 (1.5 pounds, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Lightly grease a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts all around with garlic powder, dried basil, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prepared chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until just browned.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and top with mushrooms and garlic.
- Return skillet over medium-high heat and add the marsala wine; cook for 1 minute, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour wine over chicken and mushrooms.
- Close with a lid and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and set aside on a plate.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a mug or a small mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated; then, whisk the slurry into the wine sauce.
- Add heavy cream to the wine sauce and whisk until combined.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker; cover with a lid and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer chicken from slow cooker to plates; top with mushroom sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!