Let your slow cooker do the work! With ingredients like – chicken, tomatoes, carrots, onion and hominy in a zesty and flavorful broth – this Slow Cooker Chicken Posole is big on Mexican flavors!
Slow Cooker Chicken Posole
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 8 hrs
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 can (15 oz.) yellow or white hominy, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz.) mild green enchilada sauce
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 3-4)
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Lime wedges, optional
In a 4 qt. slow cooker, combine the hominy, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, carrots, onions, garlic and cumin.
Add the uncooked chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Stir chicken back into the slow cooker.
Serve in bowls. Top with cilantro, if using. Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!