SOUTHWEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash, roasted and flesh scraped out with a fork into spaghetti-like strands
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup black beans (canned), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped tomatoes, cilantro and green onions for toppings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large oven safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot add in the green onion and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes then add in the black beans, corn, shredded chicken, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and stir together until combined.
- Add in the spaghetti squash strands and enchilada sauce. Stir together until combined and top with the shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese is melted. Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and green onions if desired.