PREP TIME : 10 minutes | COOK TIME : 20 minutes | TOTAL TIME : 30 minutes | SERVINGS : 6 | CALORIES : 596KCAL
This spicy chicken riggies (rigatoni) is a true comfort food – warm, hearty and brings the whole family to the dinner table. Quick & easy too!
- 16 oz gluten free rigatoni
- 1.5 lbs chicken boneless, skinless breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pickled hot cherry peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, for garnish
- Boil rigatoni pasta according to package instructions.
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper, garlic, and paprika. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook chicken until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive in the same skillet, and add sliced bell peppers, cherry peppers, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add cooked chicken, cooked pasta, pasta sauce, heavy whipping cream to the skillet and toss to combine. Add some red pepper flakes if you want to make it
- Serve topped with chopped fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Serving: 274g | Calories: 596kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 1069mg | Potassium: 1054mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1695IU | Vitamin C: 36.5mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!