Prep Time : 5 mins | Cook Time : 35 mins | Total Time : 40 mins | Servings: 4 Servings | Calories: 252 kcal
Spicy, Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs – An easy and quick one skillet meal including sticky, tender and delicious chicken thighs rubbed with a homemade spice rub and brushed with an amazingly sweet honey sauce.
FOR THE SPICE RUB
- 2 teaspoons , or to taste, chili powder
- 1 teaspoon or to taste , paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR THE HONEY SAUCE
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon unrefined , cold pressed coconut oil
- 6 to 8 boneless , skinless chicken thighs
- green onions , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Combine the spice rub ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Rub the chicken with the prepared spice rub and toss to coat.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Prepare the honey sauce by combining honey and apple cider vinegar in a mixing bowl; stir until well incorporated.
- Remove chicken from heat and pour honey sauce over the chicken thighs, turning to coat.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let stand couple minutes.
- Plate and garnish with green onions.