Sticky Honey Sesame Chicken Wings are so popular at parties, gatherings, or even at home with the family, and cause severe finger-licking-after-every-bite. Not classy; but who cares when every else is doing the same thing? Right? Weight Watchers: 6pp per chicken wing (1x drumette and 1x wingette)
- 1 kg | 2lbs chicken wing nibbles — Drumettes and Wingettes (or whole chicken wings; tip removed and discarded; each wing separated at the joint into 2 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic , crushed/minced
- 1-2 tablespoons (extra) honey
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds , for garnish
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat (or 200c | 400f).
- Wash and rinse chicken wings and pat dry. Cut the skin off of the wing drumettes, and leave it on for the wingettes (if you want to cut out the extra fat).
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together the soy sauce, Kecap Manis, honey, sesame oil and garlic. Add the chicken and mix into the sauce to coat. Refrigerate to marinade for 1-2 hours (or overnight for a stronger flavour).
- Remove wings from marinade and reserve liquid. Arrange chicken wings skin side up onto an oven tray lined with aluminium foil, and drizzle with a little extra honey. Grill/broil for 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Turn the wings and grill/broil for a further 5-8 minutes more, or until they are golden, sticky and cooked through.
- While the wings are in the oven; pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
- To serve, pour honey sauce over the wings and garnish with sesame seeds.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.1g | Protein: 9.1g | Fat: 6.8g | Sugar: 0.9g
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!