The Best Baked Honey Soy Chicken recipe ever! This recipe is so easy and delicious! This will be the chicken recipe you make over and over again! Use this for salads, on top of rice, in tacos, lettuce wraps or spring rolls!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 27 mins
- Total Time: 37 mins
- Course: Main
- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 hefty teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch to thicken
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thigh meat (you can also use bone-in, skin on chicken)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Finely diced scallions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice, Sriracha, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Generously season your chicken with salt and pepper, on both sides. Using a cast iron skillet (or any ovenproof skillet), over medium high heat, sear the chicken until golden, for about 4 minutes. Then, flip the chicken and sear/cook the other side.
- Pour the glaze over the chicken and bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes, or until no longer pink and cooked through. After 25 minutes, remove your chicken from the oven, change the temp on your oven to the broil setting, and tilt your pan to get all of the delicious glaze, and spoon it over your chicken. Repeat until the chicken is nicely coated with the glaze and pan drippings. Place the chicken back into the oven under the broiler for 2 minutes. Watch your chicken to ensure it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions and enjoy!